Kate's JET Shmorsgasboard

Welcome everybody to my blog dedicated primarily to my escapades in Japan, teaching English! Here you'll find photos and updates of my life in Sasebo, a city on the southern island of Kyushu. Hope you all enjoy!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ooookay then - update time!!

I suck!
Allright guys, first off, I'm really sorry that I dropped the ball here and haven't updated in literally months. But! Hopefully I will make it up to you...with PICTURES! :D

Admittedly...not in this account, but I have gotten all crafty and gone looking into online albums. Since I'm so behind I figured I would just store the back-log in ways that you guys could easily browse through, instead of trying to narrate from the beginning. I signed for a flickr account, but realized not long afterwards that it was a stupid site that only allowed 200 photos for free. Phooey. None the less I still plan to use it, so I give you, my flickr photos!! Follow these links to the albums. Don't be dissapointed, I captioned them all tonight so it'll be just like you're reading this blog...but over there! Hurrah! :D


The Tokyo Trip (December)

Huis Ten Bosch
(Christmas)

Alex's Castle (no captions 'cause I wasn't there, but very cool)

Update:

Woo hoo, got the Bubbleshare stuff sorted out too! They're all captioned, as well, and you can view them like a slideshow. Sorry for the previous slowness, hopefully it's all gravy.

January (misc stuff from that month)

The Bio-Park Adventure

So, enjoy those, and soon I will start ye olde narration plus pics again. Though I might keep up with this online album thing, sometimes I have more pics than I post here.

In the meantime, allow me to supply a new reflection of some things that I have noticed in Japan recently.

One, is that all car colours are basically the SAME. I don't have a picture to back this up right now, but basically, were I to take a photo down the street on any given day in Sasebo, you would see cars in varying shades of metallic greys, black, and white. Once in a while a dark green or blue is thrown in for good measure, and occasionally a red or yellow car will zip by, but basically, everybody picks cars within the same colour-range. Its kinda eerie.

I have also learned what is the 'uniform' for teeny-boppers (...can we still call them that? Or am I 'square' now) in Sasebo. These are girls aged..I think between 13 and around 16 or so. A big ploofy bomber jacket with fur lining the hood, some kinda t-shirt underneath, short-shorts YES even in the winter, and then some kind of boots. I was downtown yesterday and almost every girl between that age range was wearing that outfit. They go from their uniforms at school to their 'cultural' uniform, it was really hilarious. Reminds me of home and the message-Ts and jeans!

That's all the observations I've recently made..that I can remember, anyway. Though I saw a woman walking her two dogs the other day, and she had their leashes tethered to a rope around her waist. It looked like they were walking her, it was so cute. She saw me and waved with a happy 'Konnichiwa!' Sometimes I love the little quirks of this place. So much.

Welps that's about it so far, I shall update again soon.

Thanks for coming!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And here I thought that Alex had kidnapped you and taken you back to Canada-land in his suitcase...Nice to see the usual slew of photos, albeit now with new photo hosts. Isn't online hosting fun? Get to see any fireworks at New Years?

     
  • At 6:45 a.m., Blogger FunkyChicken said…

    That style for teens (and even girls into their early 20s) is all over Japan. It's even stupider up here where it snows a lot! As long as they look cute I guess.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home